Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Which Laptop?

I'm itching to buy one! With so many aspects to consider, I'm having a hard time choosing the
right laptop for the right price. The thing is... I want almost everything (don't we all).
Performance, Looks, Weight, and Graphics

It's hard to find a laptop with all four at an affordable price. The brand of the laptop is also significant.
I'm only willing to spend 25-40 45 grand (pesos) on this. Money is the biggest limitation of all.

Sleek Looks

- haha! Makes it attractive. I would want to look like a geek bringing an ugly bulky laptop
High Performance (for my programming... I need to run several developing applications at once)

- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD with at least 2mb cache

- 4gb ram (a must)

Harddisk (to store all my anime, games, movies and pictures)
- 320 to 500gb. (320 will suffice)

Weight
- the lighter the better (I need to carry it around with me)
- at max 3kg  2.5kg. Ideal weight is 2kg

Graphics - (as we all know, I spend most of my time in my PC playing games and watching
movies. So I need a higher video card either NVIDIA or ATI. Not just Intel)
- 512 vid card

I'm slashing this down. This doesn't seem so important anymore. Because based on my current tasks on the PC, gaming is on the bottom list. That's cause I dont have much time and dont play / download the latest games anymore.

Price
- 25-40k php

My prospects:

1. HP dv4t or dv3t - looks sooo gorgeous ranges from 37(intel graphics)- 45k(nvidia g105 512mb graphics)

2. Gateway ID5804u - man! this is one awesome PC! its got everything. Except that it's way too costly :(

3. GAteway NV5815u - specs is good enough. ATI Radeon shared vid card. average looks. the downside is that it has only 1mb cache and weighs 3kg

4. Dell Studio 15 - This one costs about 45k (if ordered in the US and converted to pesos). The specs is pretty good since

I customized it myself. Looks is above average but GatewayID5804u looks a little bit nicer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home